Thursday, May 23, 2013

Hey! Get Off The Couch


I sat on the couch and just as I slouched, something bit my bum.
Could it be? Oh yes indeed! The couch had teeth and gums.

Mr. couch, I don’t mean to grouch, but did you just chew my cheek?
Indeed I did Mr. kid, you and I need to speak.

What the what, that’s nuts! Do I believe my ears?
Since when do couches talk? And since when do they bite rears?

I’m not a normal couch, he said, I’m a couch coach, you see
I coach kids to get off the couch instead of sitting on me

I tickle, I tweak, I squeeze and I squash. I punch, I pinch and I pull
I make people get off the couch and fill their dream cups full

Sorry silly sofa, I said, but I really need to rest
Besides, I need to sleep to dream. That’s how I dream best.

I’m afraid that’s out of order, I simply can’t let you sleep
I’m your guide to get outside, not lay here and count the sheep

Fine! I said, I’ll sleep on the floor, nothin’ you can do about that
So I sat on the ground and laid my head down, until I was completely flat

You look like lumber trying to slumber, you’ll never reach dreams at this pace
All of your dreams wont happen it seems, you’ll just stare off into space

The couch was right, my mind took flight and seemed to wishfully wander
I could not sleep. Not even a wink. So I stared into space to ponder

How big is space? Is it a place? Or does it go on forever…
I want to go, into space so I’ll know.  I should go on a space endeavor!

That’s when I knew, I had a dream that was new, and I would chase it all the way
Guess what Mr. Couch that made me say ouch? I will go to space one day!

Jolly good, as you should said the couch, as I ran out to chase my new dream
So did I make it to space? Well let’s just say... the view from the moon is supreme

No comments:

Post a Comment