Thursday, May 23, 2013

Hey! Scratch that itch


I went to the doctor right after soccer. And said to him, “what’s up doc?”
I have this itch that’s been makin’ me twitch? And it’s been itchin’ me ‘round the clock.

Bugs in your bed? A hat on your head? Chickenpox under your chin?
A snake down your shirt? Grass in your skirt? Or poison ivy all over your skin?

Those make me itch, but not like this. This itch hasn’t turned red.
It’s more of an itch that turns on the switch to the light upstairs in my head.

Cake on your plate? Staying up late? Stuffed animals bigger than you?
Video games? Books with weird names? Or things that can turn your tongue blue?

Closer I think, to finding the thing, the thing that burns in my heart
It makes me feel like my ideas are ideal. It makes me feel like I’m smart

Hmmm, said the doc, it’s not as I thought. It’s bigger than that it seems.
This itch that you’ve got, we don’t see a lot. You’ve got a case of The Dreams.

Oh no, The Dreams? What does that mean? Am I a goner for sure?
What do I do? I haven’t a clue. Doc, is there even a cure?

Think of this thing that’s making you dream, the same thing that’s makin’ you twitch
Then do that thing, dream that dream and be sure to scratch that itch

No comments:

Post a Comment